CODE OF CONDUCT - POLICY
Codes of conduct specify behavior that is accepted or prohibited in the school as well as in any setting that is related to the school - which includes the yoga shala, clinic, retreats, on-line learning platforms and any extension of learning provided by SuDevi, SEVA Health & Wellness and Full Circle Yoga – Santa Fe.
Codes of conduct generally state the behavior expected to be demonstrated by the student and may extend outside the school setting if the conduct in question is related in some manner to the practice or study.
Discipline policies outline consequences/punishments that will occur in response to specific misbehavior. At a minimum, students shall;
§ Demonstrate respect for self and others.
§ Demonstrate courtesy to others.
§ Behave in a responsible manner.
§ Attend class regularly.
§ Be prepared for class.
§ Take seriously the course of study.
§ Cooperate with school officials.
§ Avoid violation of student code of conduct.
We further believe that every student shall exhibit behavior that is consistent with that of a compassionate and dedicated Yogi, as well as comply with all rules and regulations having to do with behavior established herein:
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Excessive tardiness. Repeatedly reporting late to school or class.
2. Unintentional and/or non-directed use of profane or obscene language.
3. Unauthorized/unexcused absence from courses or classes.
4. Continued refusal or a history of failing to complete class assignments.
5. Failure to follow instructions.
6. Use of obscenities, whether verbal or written, towards another person.
7. Unsolicited written or verbal proposition to engage in sexual acts with anyone who is part of the school/clinic.
8. Open defiance of a teacher, director or school/clinic owner.
9. Any verbal or non-verbal refusal to comply with a lawful direction or order of a teacher, director or school/clinic owner.
10. Unauthorized access to a school/clinic computer system or knowledge of restricted computer passwords.
11. Direct or indirect threats of any kind.
12. Verbal Abuse. Speech or other expression intended to insult, ostracize or stigmatize others on the basis of their sex, race, color, handicap, religion, appearance, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.
13. Disrespect to a teacher, director, school/clinic owner, or student.
14. Any verbal or nonverbal conduct and/or behavior directed toward a teacher, director, school/clinic owner, or student that is rude or discourteous.
15. Inciting student disorder and/or malicious mischief.
16. Cheating of any kind.
17. Bullying, intimidation, or harassment of another student, teacher, director or school/clinic owner, in any form.
18. Unauthorized and/or inappropriate taking of pictures or video on school/clinic property.
19. Failure to pay tuitions, dues, fees, retreat fees, or program associated costs within the parameters established by the teacher, director or school/clinic owner.
20. Use of drugs/alcohol during courses, training or instruction.
21. Any other offense in which the teacher, director or school/clinic owner may reasonably deem contrary to the good order, discipline and foundations of the school/clinic.
Upon Identification of a violation, the following Due Process steps will occur;
1. The student will be provided with an oral or written notice of the violation(s) brought against him/her.
2. Any evidence supporting the violation(s) will be explained to the student.
3. The student will be given an opportunity to present his/her own version of the circumstances concerning the violation(s).
Disciplinary actions will be determined by the teacher, director or school/clinic owner, based on the severity of the offense. *There is no progressive discipline model. The following disciplinary actions may result from violations of the code of conduct;
§ Verbal warning/reprimand.
§ Written warning/reprimand.
§ Suspension from class, courses, programs or training, for one (1) to seven (7) days.
§ Expulsion from the class, courses, programs or training.
TUITION, FEES, COURSE COSTS, RETREAT FEES
All tuitions, fees, course costs, and/or retreat fees are to be paid according to the parameters/agreements set or made by the teacher, director or school/clinic owner.
§All tuitions, fees, course costs, and/or retreat fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
In addition to academic preparation, the courses and programs taught here are responsible for instilling in students - behaviors that are required to sustain society. To achieve this goal, the teacher, director or school/clinic owner must identify what is acceptable behavior and what is unacceptable behavior. The latter would be incomplete without also specifying what consequences these bring. To a great degree, the level of effectiveness of this approach determines how successfully a teacher, director or school/clinic owner can teach academics. While a code of conduct states the desired behavior of a student, along with some specific instances of prohibited behavior, it does not account for all possible scenarios that may negatively impact the smooth operation of the school as a whole and/or it’s programs. As such the teacher, director or school/clinic owner has discretion to include other violations not expressly stated herein, and make disciplinary decisions based on what is deemed best for the school and other students as a whole.
Student Code of Conduct
Student Code of Conduct
The Teacher is the Needle, the Student is the Thread...
Miyamoto Musashi - Niten Dōraku
SEVA - Health & Wellness © 2018-2020 All Rights Reserved